Spoiler warnings for The Running Grave

As of Nov. 1 2023, I have removed the blue text spoiler warning from The Running Grave. Readers should be forewarned that any Strike post could contain spoilers for the full series.

Friday, May 5, 2023

Strike and Ellacott Pre-The Running Grave Read-a-long: Schedule and Ground Rules.

Fellow Super-Strikers and Eager-Ellacotters:

Welcome to the Farting Sofa Faculty Lounge's Pre-TRG Strike and Ellacott Read-along.

We will begin the week of May 14th, devoting between 2-4 weeks to each book and leading up to the publication of The Running Grave. 

I will do my best to post some starting points for discussion every Monday and Thursday.  I hope these will generate thoughtful commentary.  Comments will be moderated, so please be patient as it may take until end of day for yours to appear.

I also welcome guest posts on any aspect of the week's reading:  just email me your idea through the link on the right.  

There are a few weeks that I will be traveling and likely not able to post on schedule. I will be looking for 1-2 volunteers to jumpstart the discussion those weeks. 

Here is the schedule:

Ground rules:

  • Keep all discussion civil and friendly.  This is a group for Morehouses, not Anomies. 
  • There will be spoilers. 
    • Part of the fun in re-reading is making note of details that foreshadow future events.  
    • First time readers are welcome, but only join in if you don't mind spoilers. 
  • Please keep focus on the books. 
    • Comparisons to TV show are welcome, as are literary connections to JKR's other works.
    •  This is not a place for discussion of Rowling's personal life or political views.
    •  Please, only refer to her tweets that specifically relate to her Strike and Ellacott books.
I am looking forward to a fun 19 weeks!

Louise


5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I haven't read CC or SW yet - only saw the TV series. So, this would be perfect! Besides, I love the discussions. Folks around here are so insightful and bring so much to the table. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! There will be spoilers for the books, but if you've seen the TV show, that shouldn't be a huge issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Can’t wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I’m so excited. I’ve only ever listened to the books (audiobook) but have listened to all of them so many times over. Recently bought books 1-5 to treat myself and really excited to set time aside to actually read them in advance of the new one, so this should work perfectly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yei! I haven’t read the books in… a couple of months 😅
    I was afraid the reading for each week could be too slow, but it seems quite adequate 👌🏻

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated.