Spoiler warnings for The Running Grave

As of Nov. 1 2023, I have removed the blue text spoiler warning from The Running Grave. Readers should be forewarned that any Strike post could contain spoilers for the full series.

Sunday, April 30, 2023

The Sofa Speaks! Tune in for some very funny fan-fiction at Archive of Our Own

 I somewhat egotistically thought my brief blogger header would be the only bit of Farting Sofa fan fiction ever published.  Turns out I was wrong.  A Twitter friend pointed me to this hysterical piece, Why the Sofa Farts.  I seldom enjoy fan-fiction, let alone laugh out loud at it, but I did this time. I'll now have to think of my Blogger header as the sequel. 

While I'm at it, I will share the only piece of Strike fan fiction I have ever written, based on the simple premise that Robin would have enjoyed Harry Potter as a child and that she, like so many other readers, found it a comfort when she went through her own trauma. Please note that this was written pre-Troubled Blood, before we had met Max or know the layout of his flat. That Touch of Magic.

2 comments:

  1. It is my opinion that there is not nearly enough Harry Potter/Strike crossover fan fiction. There are a few, but I would have thought there would have been many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a wizard to try to modify Strike's memory, only to have the spell not work because his memory is too strong. Like a dragon's hide repelling most spells.

      Delete

Comments are moderated.