Spoiler warnings for The Running Grave

As of Nov. 1 2023, I have removed the blue text spoiler warning from The Running Grave. Readers should be forewarned that any Strike post could contain spoilers for the full series.

Saturday, April 29, 2023

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Comment here on the Official Trailer

 

While you'll find most of my posts on The Farting Sofa Faculty relate to either Cormoran Strike or Harry Potter, I have a fondness for other books, too. Lately, I've been reading a variety of British murder mysteries, including the Ruth Galloway and Agatha Raisin series. However, my first contribution to an edited volume was for Lana Whited's Critical Insights: The Hunger Games and I have blogged pretty extensively about that series, as well. Thus, I was excited to see the official movie trailer for the prequel, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, posted recently. 


There were definitely some goosebump moments, including Tribute Lucy Gray Baird's bow, so reminiscent of Katniss's mock salute to the Gamemakers, Dr. Gaul's sinister laugh and the "That's the sound of Snow falling" line that contrasts to young Coryo's "Snow lands on top" motto. Plus, the brief glimpse of the hoedown gives me hope that we'll be in for a musical treat at least as memorable as Katniss's "The Hanging Tree." I am definitely looking forward to this film, and will need to set aside time to re-read the novel again. I strongly suggest people fond of the series check out Elizabeth Baird-Hardy's (no relation to Lucy) posts on the prequel, found here, and here


3 comments:

  1. Massive Hunger Games fan here, too. Can't wait for this film.

    My favourite paragraph from this book is the sunburst of lethal snakes, which sends shivers down my spine whenever I read it. 🐍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read Elizabeth's postings on the bird and snake symbolism.

      Delete
  2. We have a young cat named Lucy Gray. Now I remember why that name sounded so familiar to me. (I guess it's time to re-read "Songbirds and Snakes" ahead of the film release.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated.