Spoiler warnings for The Running Grave

As of Nov. 1 2023, I have removed the blue text spoiler warning from The Running Grave. Readers should be forewarned that any Strike post could contain spoilers for the full series.

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Podcast Week, Part Two! : Shoutout on Potterversity.

 It's been an exciting week with the release of my second Three Broomsticks Podcast last Saturday.  Yesterday I got a very pleasant surprise with a shout-out (or two!) on the Potterversity episode with Lana Whited talking about her recent book, Harry Potter, the Ivory Tower and Beyond, to which I contributed a chapter on humor in the Harry Potter series. This is a fantastic book with multiple outstanding essays on a variety of Rowling's works that no academically-inclined fan of her writing should miss. 

Interestingly, though my chapter was strictly about Harry Potter, my work on the Cormoran Strike series got more attention on the podcast.  I got some of the most flattering comments I've ever heard, and I am both grateful and humbled by what was said. 

And, if you'd like to go full circle and hear the humor-themed Potterversity (under its previous title, Reading, Writing, Rowling) episodes that inspired the essay, go here and here!


Or, you can see my previous Chestnut Hill talk on the same topic here: 

Many thanks to Emily, Katie and Lana!
More Podcast News Tomorrow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.