Spoiler warnings for The Running Grave

As of Nov. 1 2023, I have removed the blue text spoiler warning from The Running Grave. Readers should be forewarned that any Strike post could contain spoilers for the full series.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Countdown to the Read-along #5: Best family scene?

 Today, I'd like people to share favorite family moments from the Cormoran Strike series.  The only requirement is that the scene include at least one of Strike or Robin's blood relatives.  Memories of the deceased are also acceptable. 

I have a couple in mind, but I want to see others' thoughts first. 

A reminder of the days to come:

4. Best Co-worker Moment:  Your favorite agency employee or sub-contractor, excluding the two partners. 

3. Best Robin Moment:  When does the Titian-haired Temp get to shine?

2. Best Strike Moment: What moment most defines the Doom Bar Detective?

1. The Best Strike and Robin Moment

9 comments:

  1. I’m tempted to give this to Linda when she says, “What a shit he is.” because it’s funny but I really think this one has to go to Joan and Strike. All of their moments alone together in TB were so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go with Strike and Lucy‘s drive through the storm to Cornwall. After all of the stress and negativity between them in the earlier part of the book, it was gratifying to find that they came through for each other at such a terrible time. It seems that both Strike and Lucy are good in a crisis. It’s nice to see that they have something in common. I hope that one day we will see more of them being on the same wavelength.

    By Zoesong (my phone won’t let me login).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding. While I wasn't thrilled with Linda during the recieving line (I get it I do but...) Steve and Jenny were so sweet, Matthew bled... good times. Lookibg forward to better times at the next wedding... with better toasts... did I say that? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll pick the chaotic after-wedding bust up with all of Robins family shouting at Matthew once they realized what happened and Martin’s glorious punch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice variety of choices here. I was a little worried everyone would say Strike's vigil by Jack's hospital bed, accidentally swearing into his ear when trying to reassure him his parents are on their way.
    A second choice for me is Al Rokeby tackling Liz Tassel at the end the The Silkworm. First, it's a great "get the villain" moment but second because, looking back, there's some humor in it. We hear later that Mr. Never-worked-a-day-in-his-life is "beside himself" with excitement over actually helping with a job. Dude, you tackled an old lady. No one's going to pin a medal on you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Strike and Jack playing with Jack's soldier toys! -@happyrachy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strike sitting at Jack's hospital bed or all the Joan and Strike moments in TB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strike finding Robin's flowers at Joan's funeral, and thinking about the different kinds of family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many! My favourites are Strike and Joan in TB. When she sees him as her little boy makes me tear up. I often see the sad, confused boy in Strike. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated.