Friday, October 13, 2023

Chestnut Hill's Harry Potter Academic Conference Online for 2023.

Chestnut Hill College in Pennsylvania has sponsored an academic conference on Harry Potter since 2012, and I have attended and presented for eight of those years. This year, the conference is going to an online-only format, as it did during COVID and will alternate between online- and in-person going forward. This year is therefore a great opportunity for people all over to attend the conference, without the issue of travel expenses. At $15, it is far cheaper than any other academic conference you will find out there. 

You can find out more about the history of the conference and see past programs here. 

This year's schedule is available here. 

Tickets for this year's conference are available here. 

In 2020, I spoke on the psychology of humor in the Harry Potter series. 


In 2021, my talk was on the significance of knitting in the series. 

This year, I will be speak about the connections between The Running Grave and Harry Potter and the Dealthly Hallows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.